Rules & Regulations
INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
GOOD MANNERS AND CONDUCT IN THE CAMPUS
“Once students are admitted to an educational institution they are bound by the code of conduct laid down by the educational institution through the prospectus or college calendar and it is implicit that they should observe the code of conduct necessary for the proper administration and management of the institution”
General Rules and Regulations:
The following rules apply in matters of general discipline. These rules are supplemented with occasional directions from the Principal and the College Council from time to time which shall be either announced or shall be displayed on the notice board.
- It shall be the duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of the college and conduct himself/herself with decorum in all places and under all circumstances. Ignorance of rules is not an excuse.
- Ragging is strictly banned on the college campus. Anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging will be punished as per the directives of the UGC, Government and Supreme Court. All the incidents of ragging will be severely dealt with. The culprits will be dismissed from the college and police case will be filed against them.
- College properties shall not be disfigured by affixing propaganda literature or by writing.
- Students found destroying college properties are liable to be fined heavily and will be punished suitably.
- No flag of student organizations shall be hoisted in the college campus.
- No celebration shall be held on the campus without the written permission of the Principal.
- All celebrations on the campus will be under the supervision of the Principal and the staff members deputed by him.
- All students shall abide by the decisions of (1) the Principal (2) the consultative & discipline committee and (3) the college council.
- Student’s Identity Card: It is mandatory for all students to wear their ID tag distributed from the college. Students without wearing ID tags will be fined and will not be allowed to enter the campus.
- Students are not permitted to loiter in the college campus during leisure hours. They shall either be in the library or leave the campus.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic beverages and use of narcotic drugs are strictly prohibited. Criminal proceedings will be initiated against those found guilty of the use of alcohol or narcotic drugs on the campus.
- Any student residing in the college hostel found violating the college and hostel rules will be expelled from the hostel without notice.
- Outsiders are not permitted to meet any student in the college campus without the permission of the Principal.
- Students are not permitted to indulge in any of the political activities in the college campus. Students are also prohibited from organizing or attending meeting other than the official ones.
- Prior permission of the Principal, in writing, is necessary for :Organizing processions, special meetings, entertainments or special functions in the college or college premises, Collecting funds from the students or from the staff, Putting up any notice on the notice board in the college or its premises.
- Indecent behavior, especially towards opposite sex, will not be tolerated.
- No student shall bring into the college campus any banner, flag, board, notice, pamphlet or other such material for purpose of any political activity. If any student violates this, he/she will be summarily dismissed from the college.
- Discourtesy towards any member of the staff or any act which affects the discipline of the college will be seriously viewed and in extreme cases it is sufficient reason for expulsion from college. Immorality, grave insubordination, contempt for authority, willful destruction of college property, malpractice in examinations etc are sufficient reasons for strict disciplinary action.
- Notice signed or countersigned by the Principal and published on the notice boards should be considered as having been brought to the notice of the students of the college.
- Students are expected to maintain decency and decorum in their dress and conduct.
- Students have to be inside the classrooms after the bell marking the beginning of class hours. Observance of strict silence in the standing posture is mandatory during the Morning Prayer.
- Parents/guardians are expected to attend PTA meetings and to respond to the calls from the college authorities.
- Teachers hold the responsibility of maintaining discipline in their classes and on the campus.
- An office bearer will lose the office if he/ she found guilty of indiscipline or misusing his/ her office.
- Any student or group of students in the name of strike or agitation cannot disturb class or prevent the staff or Principal from carrying out their duties, stringent disciplinary action including dismissal will be taken against such students. If the college canteen incurs any loss due to the above mentioned activities of students, they will be held responsible for that and they are liable to compensate the loss.
- The Principal in consultation with the college council may impose the following or other punishments to students who violate the general rules:Fines,Cancellation of attendance,Withholding of certificates,Forfeit of educational concession and scholarship,Suspension,Expulsion/ Dismissal
- College campus, Examination room and the Library are kept under CCTV surveillance.
- Any questions which are not covered by the foregoing rules shall be decided by the Principal.
- Students are to behave with decency and decorum outside the campus also. They should always remember that the good name of the institution is their responsibility.