Department of Vocational Studies
- To provide quality education and to develop well rounded, confident and responsible individuals who aspire to achieve their full potential.
- Value addition to the food grains and development of food products with safety through the application of newer technologies by R&D work.
- Assist the existing industries for better performance in terms of efficient functioning, by-product utilization and effluent management.
- Promote growth of new food industry, entrepreneurship, upgrading the skill of industrial manpower and management by imparting training programme.
- To provide knowledge and skills for better preservation, processing and value addition to agro-products, with the aim of supporting the producers.
- To Provide high quality teaching, research and development to the students with an understanding and ability to apply fundamental principles of Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, vegetable production and cereal varieties development, their seed production, disease and insect management and post-harvest management.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skill development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocational (B. Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/ Advanced Diploma under the NSQF. The B. Voc. programme is focused on Universities and Colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad based general education.B.Voc has become one of the most popular courses in India as vocational or skill based education is more significant in the current times. B.Voc aims at providing adequate skills required for a particular trade.The course is different from traditional academic programmes as it deals more with application based studies rather than focussing on only theortical knowledge.
Bachelor of Vocational Studies (Agriculture and Food Science), a three year degree programmes, commenced on November 2018. Four batches of students has been admitted till date in both Agriculture and Food Science programmes.
Faculty & Staff
Assistant Professor and Head
Assistant Professor& Head
Ms.Dr. ARYA V SAJAYAN
Ms.AMRUTHA M V
Ms.SHYAMILY U S
Mr.THOMAS K D
22-12-2022 to 22-12-2022
FOOD MARQUE IN ASSOCIATION WITH ED CLUB
19-08-2022 to 19-08-2022
FARMER'S DAY CELEBRATION
WORLD FOOD SAFETY DAY
21-12-2021 to 23-12-2021
AGRO-FOOD FEST 2K21
Webinar on "Value ideas-Basics of Commodities Derivatives"
18-12-2020 to 18-12-2020
FOOD MARQUE (Food products outlet)
Cheese making workshop
World Food Day Celebration
30-09-2019 to 01-10-2019
National seminar on Smart Agriculture – A key towards Global food Security
02-06-2019 to 10-06-2019
Crop production - Banana
ANITTA ROSE JOHN
Chief Minister's excellence award 2022 and
SUBHASH P S
India Book of Record's Holder
MAXIMUM HANDWRITING STYLES USED BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO WRITE SENTENCE.