Master of Travel and Tourism Management (MTTM)
This programme has been envisaged as a sought-after course to cater to the growing human resource requirements of the travel and tourism industry, which is one of the largest economic sectors in the world. Being the first college in the state that started a tourism degree programme under the university stream, Pazhassiraja college has the expertise and support in honing the skills of the students to get a professional career in the global tourism sector. Developing critical thinking abilities, skill enhancement, personality development, etc. are the prime focuses of the programme. The department supports the students with placement assistance, and having a grand alumni span over many countries; students face ease in getting a placement as well. In addition to the All India tour, students are also given on-the-job training in the tourism industry. This tailor-made programme encompasses both theory and practical subjects, and comprehensive teaching techniques including case studies, role-plays, group discussions, presentations, group research, and travel laboratories are often provided for their professional development.
- Career opportunities are there in air transport/aviation, travel and tour operation, hospitality, event management, and destination management organizations.
- The students get an opportunity to undergo an internship in a selected industry as part of the programme.
- A study tour on destination management is mandatory for the students to complete the programme.
- Placement assistance is provided to the students who would like to get a job immediately after the programme.
- NET coaching is offered to those who are interested in academic and research careers.
- Experiential learning practices are embedded in the course delivery.
- Special assistance is provided for slow learners and advanced learners.
- A research project is mandatory for the students to complete the programme.
- Students are provided the opportunity to participate and present papers in national and international conferences and events.
Master of Travel and Tourism Management (MTTM) is a two-year full-time programme.
Qualifications required: A pass in any Bachelor Degree (As per Calicut university regulations).