Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM)
We are the pioneers in starting a travel and tourism degree programme under the university stream in the state. Since then, we have been providing quality education and training for young travel and tourism aspirants. Our focus is to enhance the skills and nurture the knowledge required to become professionals in the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors. This programme is a three-year full-time, government-aided one, based on the regulations and curriculum prescribed by the University of Calicut. In addition, to the support we provide for getting higher education opportunities, placement assistance is also offered to successful students. Having a grand alumni span over many countries, students face ease in getting a placement as well. Students can take part in a national tour programme as part of the course. Moreover, we provide opportunities for them to attend/participate in various events that are held in the travel and tourism sector. Moreover, students are given on-the-job training in the tourism industry as well, as part of the programme. Tailor-made programs with both theory and practical subjects as a part of the syllabus and comprehensive teaching techniques including case studies, role-plays, group discussions, presentations, group research, and travel laboratories are provided often for their professional development.
The following are the highlights
The successful students have a specific industry, which is the largest in the world, to seek employment.
- Good communication skills and personality characteristics are key in getting a good job.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a positive attitude towards an international career are important.
- Diverse industries are there to specialize, like Airline, Airport, Tour Operation, Resorts and Hotels, Travel Agency, Destination Management Agency, etc.
- Being a bachelor's degree programme, students can choose most of the other post-graduate programmes as well.
- Higher education options are there in Kerala, MG, Kannur, and Calicut universities within Kerala, and a number of central and state universities across the country, and national institutes like IITTM and KITTS offer master degree programmes in travel and tourism. MBA (Travel and Tourism), MTA, MTTM, MA Tourism, etc. are the available post-graduate pgorammes in India.